SOME TOP STUDIOS USING
V-Ray for Maya:
Product Brochures V-Ray for Maya Product Brochure
V-Ray 2.0 for Maya Leaflet
Brochure for Automotive and Product Industry
Brochure for Film and Visual Effects Industry
Brochure for Architectural Design Industry
V-Ray for Maya
V-Ray for Maya is one of the latest developments by Chaos Group. Developed to meet the needs of the most
demanding VFX & Film studios around the world, the rendering engine delivers uncompromised stability,
interactivity, ease of use and unprecedented speed.
Now, V-Ray for Maya enables the rendering of even larger scenes with greater complexity and artists can rely on a faster rendering process.
The comprehensive list of features provided by V-Ray for Maya includes CarPaint Material, V-Ray Light Select Render Element, PText texture, true 3D Motion Blur, Sun & Sky procedural lighting system, Physical camera for matching live footage, and many others.
V-Ray for Maya became a renderer of choice of numerous renowned studios such as Method Studio, Zoic Studio, Lux VFX, The LAB NYC and many others. For less than two years since its official release V-Ray has been used as a major rendering tool in the latest award winning films and productions.
V-Ray 2.0 for Maya Key FeaturesGeneral Overview
Here are some of the key features of the new V-Ray 2.0 for Maya. To enjoy the full list of improvements and videos, please click here.
V-Ray RT GPU Enhancements - incorporate VRayProxy objects, texture-mapped area and mesh lights, Simple Skylight portals, and the VRayBlendMtl into an ultra-fast V-RayRT GPU workflow.
VRayHairMtl - a new shader allowing users to render hair and fur with unprecedented quality, control, and speed.
Interactive Rendering on CPU & GPU - V-Ray RT is a fully functional interactive rendering engine matching the production renderer results. With GPU acceleration, you can rely on a significantly faster interactive rendering process.
Pricing & Upgrade Policy
Chaos Group products are licensed per machine and with one V-Ray for Maya license you can start and use V-Ray GUI and tools inside Maya platform, start one local render job, speed up rendering with up to 10 render slaves for Distributed rendering using V-Ray Standalone, speed up rendering with up to 10 render nodes using Maya batch.
The official suggested end user price of a single new license of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya is 970 Euro/ 1350 USD/ 840 GBP
The official suggested end user price for Upgrade from V-Ray 1.5 to V-Ray 2.0 for Maya is
200 Euro/ 280 USD/ 170 GBP
Note: Prices do not include dongle/VAT/shipping.
→ Educational Policy
Chaos Group Educational Policy is designed to meet the various educational needs of both the institutions and students at a preferable price. An educational institution, or a student/staff member at the institution, may use our Educational licenses for educational purposes only and not for commercial for- profit work, transfer, or resale.
The new version is also available for purchase from any authorized Chaos Group reseller. All current customers with the educational version of V-Ray 1.5 for Maya are entitled to a free upgrade to V-Ray 2.0 starting May 4th, 2011. Please, contact our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org for details on the upgrade process.
Student/Teacher Educational license
A "Student/Teacher“ is a person who can confirm enrollment/employment at a degree-granting educational institution. Students and staff must present current student ID or current proof of employment at the educational institution to purchase a license. Students and staff may purchase up to 1 (one) license from the options below:
1. V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU license – 74 EUR /114 USD/ 67 GBP per license
2. V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU license – 74 EUR /114 USD/ 67 GBP per license
3. Student Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU- 105 EUR/ 162 USD/ 96 GBP per license
Universities/Educational Institutions licenses
"Universities/Educational institutions" are defined as those dedicated to education, including a public or private, school or a two-year or four-year college or university or career school that is accredited by a state or other appropriate governmental agency or organization. An educational institution is not a government or nonprofit agency, a commercial customer, a corporate training environment, or other training program or center that serves commercial or professional customers. Universities/Educational institutions must purchase software with documentation issued by the institution. The following Bundles are available to Educational institutions under our Educational Policy (the minimum amount per order is 2 university bundles):
1. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + Pdplayer - 81 EUR/ 125 USD/ 75 GBP per piece
2. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU + Pdplayer - 81 EUR/ 125 USD/ 74 GBP per piece
3. University Bundle V-Ray 2.0 for 3ds Max EDU + V-Ray 2.0 for Maya EDU + Pdplayer - 115 EUR/ 177 USD/ 105 GBP per piece
Volume discounts are available only for purchases of 5 or more university bundles.
- • A SSE2- capable processor (Intel Pentium IV or later);
- • 2 GB RAM minimum;
- • A supported operating system:
- • Microsoft® Windows® XP Professional (SP2 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- • Microsoft® Windows Vista® Business (SP1 or higher), 32-bit or 64-bit versions;
- • Microsoft® Windows 7® 32-bit or 64-bit;
- • Microsoft® Windows 8® 32-bit or 64-bit;
- • Fedora™ or compatible distributions;
- • Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 5.3 WS (64-bit);
- • Apple® Mac OS® X 10.4.9 or higher for CPU rendering (V-Ray 1.5 for Maya);
- • Apple® Mac OS® X 10.6.5 or higher for CPU and GPU rendering (V-Ray 2.0 for Maya);
- • Maya 2013 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2012 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2011 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2010 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2009 (32- or 64-bit);
- • Maya 2008 (32- or 64-bit);
Note: MAC versions of V-Ray 2.0 for Maya 2008, 2009 and 2010 doesn't support GPU rendering
Copyright ©2013, Chaos Software